Acceptable Use Policy
By subscribing to and/or contributing to The Way of St Andrews forum, you are expected to follow this Acceptable Use Policy and the following rules established for users of the Forum, mainly to ensure that all users feel confident that they are not open to abuse or harassment:
- We ask that all users provide useful and relevant postings that add value to the discussions on the Forum. Messages must be civil and relevant to the purpose of the community.
- You must not pass yourself off as another person nor will anonymous contributions be accepted.
- You are responsible for ensuring appropriate copyright permissions before posting any materials on the Forum. Please also see condition 11 below.
- Use of Language: messages must not be malicious or designed to offend. In particular, the use of swear words is prohibited. There must be no use of obscene or offensive language, or statements that may be judged to be defamatory. There must be no use of harassment, and/or insulting or abusive or threatening language, and/or profane or sexual language. Messages must not express adverse opinions about any other persons.
- You must not use this Forum to market or advertise products or services. If you have any announcements, e.g information about courses, or details of conferences or job vacancies that you would like posted, these should be sent to the Forum moderator who is responsible for posting announcements. If the message is suitable it will be included in a periodical notice sent out to the Forum community.
- Take care and act appropriately in what you say about others: email is easily forwarded and archives are open to web-searches.
- Do not re-post private email to the list unless you have obtained prior consent from the original author(s).
- We ask that all users bring promptly to our attention any material posted in this Forum that they consider defamatory.
- By participating in any discussion, you undertake to indemnify The Way of St Andrews against any liability arising from any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including without limitation fines and expenses arising out of or incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such actionable state.
- By participating in a discussion, you also undertake to indemnify The way of St Andrews against any liability arising from any breach of confidentiality, or infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right because of material published by you on this Forum and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including without limitation all expenses incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such publication.
- Re-use of materials: by posting material to the Forum (for example: text, or video or audio clips, or photographs: or links to materials hosted elsewhere), you acknowledge and agree that The Way of St Andrews may re-use and adapt any such material in the course of making a film or other compilation of such material in connection with promotion of The Way of St Andrews, without any requirement to acknowledge the creator of that material.
Any infringement of the above rules is likely to lead to:
- 1st instance: An informal warning;
- 2nd instance: A formal warning;
- 3rd instance: Permanent cancellation of your registration.
Please ensure you read the above before posting any material. Anyone not following this acceptable use policy may have their postings to the Forum deleted, and be removed from the mailing list if a registered user. By registering on this forum, you are deemed to have agreed to abide by the above. Although The Way of St Andrews cannot take responsibility for monitoring every message that is sent to this Forum, we reserve the right (i) to remove items submitted from anyone who repeatedly ignores these rules and (ii) to take action, as detailed above, against those concerned.
Acceptable Use Policy: v1.0 March 2012