Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Video of St Columba's Way

A video slide show of St Columba's Way from Iona to St Andrews. May 2019.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=568951250719740&id=164073791207490&d=null&vh=e

If you have questions about this route feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers!

John

I'm worried about the long stretch from Killin to Perth, it seems like there is nowhere to get food, I am planning to go solo on foot, I'm not sure I'll be able to take enough with me. Any tips?

Hi Harrison.

We stayed in Killin an extra day and restocked. There were three of us and we wild camped. We spread the weight out and slogged on. This trail is not yet supported for the Camino type hiker so we had to be pretty self sufficient. We used a Sawyer water filter and a Trangia meths stove. There are some really long stages with almost no one else on the trail. Having said that, this is an amazing route. Good luck.

Most of the restrictions for the prevention of the spread of Covid have now been lifted in Scotland and normal pilgrimage activity is now possible. However, when you are planning your pilgrimage, please consult the latest government guidelines and be aware that these can change at short notice.
Most of the restrictions for the prevention of the spread of Covid have now been lifted in Scotland and normal pilgrimage activity is now possible.