Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

St Columba’s Way

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hi John! Fernando here, from Brazil! Preparing for St Columba´s way, and planning to start my walk in less than a month, in jan 3rd! I´ll start in Oban!

Cheers!

Hi John! Fernando here, from Brazil! Preparing for St Columba´s way, and planning to start my walk in less than a month, in jan 3rd! I´ll start in Oban!

Cheers!

I'am planning to walk in may/june from Whitby to Iona (Whitby/Hexham/Edinburgh/St.Andrew/Iona). Probably a lot of (wild)camping, but if you find some places to stay, please publish the addresses. It would be helpful.
Thanx, Vincent

Hi Fernando, you must be just on the trail. Hope it's going well. Please break the trail for us. I've just put in my retirement paperwork and have indeed booked my flight for May 3rd. Will start from Iona on May 6th.
Best of luck. Would love to hear how you made out.
Cheers!
John

Hi Fernando
Hope you walk is going well. I'm very interested in accommodation you see and/or use along the way.
I'm trying to understand options available for me. I'm bringing a tent to use but I want to take advantage of any hostel type accommodation along the way to give myself a break. I'll splurge at times too whenever I need to.
Cheers!
John

Hello Vincent! It looks like you'll be walking in the opposite direction that I am and depending on your timing we must likely pass each other! I'll be leaving Iona on the 6th of May towards St. Andrews, then Edinburgh and south to meet the start of the Pennine Way. I have pre booked Iona Hostel and Oban Backpackers for May 4th and 5th.
I have been contacted by Flora from Lochbuie Larder and they are indeed trail side. You can preorder meals and they will be ready for you to pickup and heat up on your camp stove. The menu looks very nice, so it offers a tasty break from normal camp meals lol.
Cheers!
John

Hai John,

Hope to see you somewhere between Hexham and Edinburgh half of june.

Vincent

Cool! Vincent that would be awesome. I'm leaving for Scotland on Friday. Its getting real now.

Cheers!

John.

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Most of the restrictions for the prevention of the spread of Covid have now been lifted in Scotland and normal pilgrimage activity is now possible. However, when you are planning your pilgrimage, please consult the latest government guidelines and be aware that these can change at short notice.
Most of the restrictions for the prevention of the spread of Covid have now been lifted in Scotland and normal pilgrimage activity is now possible.